More Practice

Late November / Early December 2014

 

In the spirit of the pre-xmas season, I was feeling nostalgic, or had a visual craving for byzantine art.

I decided to challenge myself and see if I could make a little copy of the Virgin of Vladamir, using acrylics. Thanks to those nice extenders and other mediums you can mix in, plus a spray bottle and some plastic wrap, I got the consistency and working life I needed to complete this task.
I think I worked on it for at least 3 days. Maybe more. I should have kept a log of my time, because it could go on record for the most patience I’ve ever exerted on a painting, ever. Continue reading “More Practice”

Advertisements